Indian Navy – Industry Partnership Webinars & Exhibition on Indigenisation and Innovation
The Indian Navy (IN) has always championed indigenisation and has a fully functional ‘Directorate of Indigenisation’ (DoI). To effectively target ‘Indigenisation’ and ‘Innovation’, IN had setup `Naval Indigenisation and Innovation Organisation’ (NIIO) in the year 2020 which puts in place dedicated structures for the end users to interact with academia and industry for achieving self-reliance in defence.
To take forward Indian Navy’s agenda of ‘Innovation and Indigenisation’, NIIO, Indian Navy and SIDM have planned a long-term engagement with the Industry spread over one year starting from 29 October 2021 till 31 October 2022 on HIVE Platform, covering all verticals including Shipbuilding, Refits/Repair, Naval Armaments, Naval equipment, and all Revenue provisioning including Clothing & Victualing.
Towards this, Indian Navy and SIDM have set up a Virtual Platform for the entire duration, during which, periodic seminars (at least one per month), interactions & B2G meetings with individual verticals of IN will be organized to spell out the IN’s requirements and understand the industry capabilities in each sector through these engagements. The virtual platform will also host a Virtual Exhibition of Industries (both registered with IN and those still to register). The exhibition will facilitate the following:
- Allow the user directorates of IN to visit and examine the offerings of the exhibiting industries and work closely with the identified target industry for their specific needs.
- Communicate with the exhibiting Industry through VC, SMS, Emails and Chat, where the IN requires product or company information on capability/capacity.
- Set up and conduct one on one B2G meetings through the SIDM automated meeting module.
- Act as a repository of all publications from various branches/directorates of the IN including latest Problem Statements, RFIs, Opportunities in Indigenisation projects, exploratory study of the Indian Industry, potential vendor development, or procurement processes.
- Allow B2B interactions between Tier 1/2/3 industries to explore opportunities to develop Supply Chains amongst Indian Industries including Private Industries and DPSUs.
Delegate registration at this platform is complimentary, however, a nominal fee for virtual exhibition will be charged (as under) for the said duration.
Virtual Exhibition Fee: (Inclusive of GST)
- INR 20,000/- for SIDM/ CII Members
- INR 25,000/- for Non- Members
Industry members are encouraged to make the best use of this ‘never before opportunity’ for a long-term engagement with the various arms of the Indian Navy and present their capabilities and latest advancements in the sector to the end users.